Inside:Outside Retreat, July 17-22, 2018: $1,195 USD
A $400 USD non-refundable deposit is required to reserve spot. Balance due by start of retreat. Space is limited to the first 50 people who enroll.
“I learned more than I could ever imagine at the Inside: Outside Retreat. I absolutely loved the concrete musical knowledge that was shared to us by these real-world masters, but also how it went beyond just the music. We learned about nature and life skills that are completely relatable to music and everyday life. I have never been so inspired!” —Freddy Mack
- Group Cabins. For the complete retreat experience, we recommend you stay on site. We have large shared-sleeping cabins available with military-style cots (air-conditioned). Smaller cabins are available for our female students. Bring your own sleeping bag (or bedding) and pillow. (see photos)
- Tenting. There are plenty of scenic spaces to set up tents and get the full nature experience.
- Off-Site (cost and transportation are YOUR responsibility). Chestnut Hill Ranch (chestnuthillranch.com), as well as multiple hotel options within 10 miles. We will send you a list of options.
- Fly into Nashville Airport (BNA) on July 17th before 3pm and we will provide a shuttle to Wooten Woods (no extra charge). A shuttle will take you back on the 22nd as well.
- Drive to Wooten Woods (about 1 hour west of Nashville on I-40 (exit 148)
- Magically appear.
We have worked diligently to maximize the retreat experience and cut the costs. That said, we understand $1,195 is a lot of money in one chunk. That's why you'll be able to make two payments.
It works out to ~$199/day for meals, accommodations, airport transportation—AND 4+ workshops each day with the instructors and guest instructors!
Looking forward to sharing what is sure to be an epic musical experience with you!
Most common questions...
Q: How will I get from the Nashville Airport to Wooten Woods and back?
A: A Shuttle (included in price) will pick you up at Noon and again at 3pm on Tuesday the 17th. The Shuttle will leave Wooten Woods at 1pm on Sunday. It takes about an hour to get to the airport. Do not book a flight earlier than 4:30pm
Q: What time do we end on Sunday
A: Between 12:30 and 1pm
Q: Where do we stay?
A: There are group cabins (air-conditioned) with cots. If you would prefer your own space you can bring a tent and camp. Another option is to stay at one of the nearby hotels or bed and breakfast. You are responsible for the cost and having a way to get back and forth.
Q: I am not sure if I play good enough to attend.
A: The retreat is designed for intermediate to expert players. If you are uncertain if it is for you, please send us a youtube or recording of you playing.
Q: What age do I need to be?
A: 17-99. The average age is around 40.
Q: Who will the guest instructors be?
A: Due to the ever-changing schedules of professional performers, it's hard to lock it down this early, but we didn't want to wait to open registration. Rest assured, it will be awesome.